Acción contra el Hambre España 2017 Job Vacancy Closing September
Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action Against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
To oversee and manage all operations of the Blantyre base and its sub-offices, ensuring quality control, compliance with internal procedures, providing financial management and oversight of the programming budgets, overseeing the logistics department, and ensuring quality delivery of services and programmes to communities and stakeholders engaged in Action Against Hunger programming.
· Programme Management and Quality Implementation
· Logistics and Administration Management
· Quality Base and Sub Office Management
· Local level Security Management and adherence to tools and procedures
· Human Resources Management and Capacity Building
· Additional Responsibilities and Requirements
· Degree and/or Master Degree in Economics, Sociology, International Development, Political Science or International Relations
· Additional training in humanitarian management/assistance, development, security, or other relevant training courses considered a plus
· Excellent level of knowledge in accountancy, finance, and budget management
· Demonstrable and high level of familiarity with donor rules and regulations (WFP, SIDA, EU, ECHO, USAID, DFID)
· Good general knowledge in logistics and security management
· Excellent proficiency in compiling reports, both internal and external in English.
· Training and capacity building knowledge
· Technical knowledge and experience in Food Security, Nutrition, or Agriculture considered added value.
· Previous experience with both development and humanitarian contexts (at least 5 years in total)
· At least 2 years’ experience with Action Against Hunger in progressive roles
· Previous experience in base management
· Broad knowledge of core concepts related to humanitarian and development sectors
· Advanced knowledge of Project Cycle Management and full understanding of results-based LFA
· Demonstrated knowledge of multi-sector model and methodologies and of relief and recovery operations
· Previous and demonstrable experience managing teams, providing capacity building, and enhancing departmental outputs
· Demonstrable experience working with a variety of stakeholders, both national and international
· High level of knowledge of Action Against Hunger financial procedures (accountancy, budget management, CCP management, archiving, etc)
· Good level of knowledge of Action Against Hunger logistical procedures, preferably KitLog 3.4 (procurement, archiving, etc)
· High level of knowledge of Action Against Hunger technical approaches and field work
· Good level of knowledge of the organizations mission, mandate, vision, and values
· Demonstrable and high level of familiarity with Action Against Hunger policies, regulations, and approaches
· Languages: English (compulsory working language, spoken, read and written)
· IT and specific systems: Full working knowledge of Microsoft Office package
· Experience working with SAGA
· Experience working with ODK and other data collection platforms considered added value
· Mobility (national/ international): Mandatory
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Formal work contract: 12 months
- Base: Blantyre.
- Salary: from 1.700 y 2.200€ gross per month according to candidate’s previous experience (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger – Spain).
- ACF- Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
- Up to 20% additional remuneration depending on the position’s context and responsibilities (according the grading scale set by Action Against Hunger – Spain)
- House and maintenance covered by the organization (including per diem): package estimated according to the destination.
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization.
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger – Spain).