The University of Zambia wishes to invite admission applications for the 2020 and 2021 intakes from suitably qualified candidates in the Schools and programmes listed below. Candidates are advised to indicate on the application form the intake they wish to be considered for admission.
SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES
1. BACHELOR OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES(PLANT SCIENCE)
2. BACHELOR OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES(ANIMAL SCIENCE) 3. BACHELOR OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES(SOIL SCIENCE)
4. BACHELOR OF FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
5. BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION)
6. BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS)
7. BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN HUMAN NUTRITION 8. BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN AGRONOMY (BSC. AGRONOMY)
SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
9. BACHELOR OF ARTS WITH EDUCATION: MAJORS INCLUDE; ART, HOME ECONOMICS, MUSIC, PHYSICAL EDUCATION , HISTORY, ENGLISH, GEOGRAPHY, MATHEMATICS, RELIGIOUS EDUCATION, CIVIC EDUCATION, LITERATURE AND LANGUAGES, AND CURRICULUM STUDIES 10. BACHELOR OF EDUCATION (ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION) 11. BACHELOR OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE 12. BACHELOR OF EDUCATION (SPECIAL EDUCATION) 13. BACHELOR OF EDUCATION (SOCIOLOGY OF EDUCATION) 14. BACHELOR OF EDUCATION (EDUCATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY) 15. BACHELOR OF EDUCATION (LITERACY AND LANGUAGE) 16. BACHELOR OF ARTS IN RECORDS AND ARCHIVES MANAGEMENT (BARAM) 17. BACHELOR OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES IN EDUCATION (B.ICTS. ED) 18. BACHELOR OF EDUCATION (PRIMARY EDUCATION) 19. BACHELOR OF EDUCATION (EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION) 20. BACHELOR OF EDUCATION (GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING) 21. BACHELOR OF EDUCATION (EDUCATIONAL ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT 22. BACHELOR OF EDUCATION (SOCIAL SCIENCES) 23. BACHELOR OF ADULT EDUCATION 24. BACHELOR OF EDUCATION-SECONDARY (MATHEMATICS AND SCIENCE) (BEDMAS) 25. BACHELOR OF SCIENCE WITH EDUCATION (BSC.ED) 26. BACHELOR OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE WITH EDUCATION 27. DIPLOMA IN TEACHING METHODS 28. DIPLOMA IN ICTS For In-Service Teachers
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS SCHOOL REQUIREMENTS
AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES “O” Levels in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics OR English Language, Science, Biology (or Agricultural Science) and any other acceptable subject OR Three (3) “A” Level passes in Chemistry, Biology, Physics or Mathematics OR A diploma in Agricultural Sciences or related studies from an institution affiliated to the University of Zambia OR A diploma classified as credit or better NOTE: (a) Applicants with only “O” Level qualifications who will be admitted to the School of Agricultural Sciences will be required to take first year courses in the School of Natural Sciences. (b) Applicants with “A” Level or Diploma qualifications may be admitted at either second or third year level to the School of Agricultural Sciences. EDUCATION “O” levels in English Language and any four subjects. NOTE: (a) Bachelor of Education-Secondary (Mathematics and Science) (Bedmas) and Diploma in ICT’s are InService programmes. (b) Applicants with relevant Degrees or Diplomas may be admitted at 2nd or 3rd year level.
Please note that meeting the minimum entry requirements to any of these programmes does not guarantee admission to the programme. Admission to the programme is provisional and subject to the availability of places and payment of fees. Application forms can be obtained from Customer Care, UNZA Great East Road campus, upon payment of a non-refundable application fee of K150.00 for Zambians or USD 60.00 for non-Zambians. Payment for applications forms should be made either at Standard Chartered Bank, Account Number 0100110273800 or First National Bank Zambia (FNB), Account Number 62607694371. The account name is UNZA Registrars Department. Application forms can also be downloaded from the official UNZA website: www.unza.zm or obtained from the University of Zambia Provincial Centres Offices. In this case the application fee still has to be made at the bank.