Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for enrolment on Undergraduate Programmes in the academic year 2020/2021. (Mature Candidates can apply for all programmes with the exception of Bachelor of Laws with Honours – LLB (Hons) LM310).
Applications are also invited from suitably qualified candidates wishing to follow one module or more from the under-mentioned programmes as ‘Auditeur Libre’ against payment of relevant fees.
Please see Section 1.9 of Regulations 2020/2021 at http://www.uom.ac.mu/images/FILES/Regulations/2020_2021/chap1.pdf. The directory of modules is available at http://online.uom.ac.mu/moduledirectory/moduledatabase.asp For conditions with regard to Scholarships (Government and others), please consult the University Website for more details.
PROGRAMME CODE NO. DURATION
- BSc (Hons) Agricultural Science and Technology* A312 3½ Yrs F/T
- BSc (Hons) Biotechnology* A325E 3½ Yrs F/T
*The programme includes a compulsory 6-month work internship.
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
PROGRAMME CODE NO. DURATION
- BEng (Hons) Chemical Engineering E404 4 Yrs F/T
- BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering E410 4 Yrs F/T
- BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering E430 4 Yrs F/T
- BEng (Hons) Telecommunications Engineering with Networking E432 4 Yrs F/T
- BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering E440 4 Yrs F/T
- BEng (Hons) Mechatronics Engineering E441 4 Yrs F/T
- BSc (Hons) Fashion Technology (Minor: Entrepreneurship) E307 3 Yrs F/T
- BSc (Hons) Sustainable Product Design
BSc (Hons) Applied Computing IC319 3 Yrs F/T
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science IC318 3 Yrs F/T
- BSc (Hons) Information Systems IC311 3 Yrs F/T
- BSc (Hons) Mobile and Smart Technologies IC323 3 Yrs F/T
- BSc (Hons) Software Engineering IC320 3 Yrs F/T
BSc (Hons) Accounting (Minor: Finance) LM300 3 Yrs F/T
- BSc (Hons) Accounting (Minor: Management) LM304 3 Yrs F/T
- BSc (Hons) Accounting (Minor: Business Informatics) LME302 3 Yrs F/T
- BSc (Hons) Banking and Finance LM305 3 Yrs F/T
- BSc (Hons) Finance LM302 3 Yrs F/T
- BSc (Hons) Finance (Minor: Law) LM303 3 Yrs F/T
- BSc (Hons) Management Accounting and Finance
(An additional accreditation fee is payable by the student)
LM340 3 Yrs F/T
- BSc (Hons) International Business Finance LM306 3 Yrs F/T
- BSc (Hons) International Business Management LM307 3 Yrs F/T
- BSc (Hons) Management LM320 3 Yrs F/T
- BSc (Hons) Management (Minor: Business Informatics) LME432 3½ Yrs F/T
- BSc (Hons) Management (Minor: Entrepreneurship) LM323 3 Yrs F/T
- BSc (Hons) Human Resource Management LM321 3 Yrs F/T
- BSc (Hons) Marketing with Digital Technologies LM324 3 Yrs F/T
- BSc (Hons) Tourism, Hospitality and Events Management LM439 3½ Yrs F/T
- Bachelor of Laws with Honours – LLB (Hons) LM310 3 Yrs F/T
- BA (Hons) Law and Criminal Justice LM313 3 Yrs F/T
- BA (Hons) Law with Management LM314 3 Yrs F/T
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
PROGRAMME CODE NO. DURATION
- BSc (Hons) Biological Sciences (Option: Biology/Molecular and Cell Biology/Ecology
and Environmental Science)
SC306 3 Yrs F/T
- BSc (Hons) Marine Environmental Sciences OS300 3 Yrs F/T
- BSc (Hons) Chemistry “Accredited by the Royal Society of Chemistry” SC310 3 Yrs F/T
- BSc (Hons) Nutritional Sciences SC527 3 Yrs F/T
- BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy SC402 4 Yrs F/T
- BSc (Hons) Mathematics/BSc (Hons) Mathematics with Statistics/ BSc (Hons)
Mathematics with Finance
SC320 3 Yrs F/T
- BSc (Hons) Mathematics with Computer Science SCE321 3 Yrs F/T
- BSc (Hons) Physics (Optional Minor: Astrophysics/ Biology/ Chemistry/
SC341 3 Yrs F/T
- BSc (Hons) Physics with Computing SC342 3 Yrs F/T
Two separate degrees with the University of Arizona and University of Mauritius will be awarded to successful students. Apply online at: http://uom.ac.mu/arizona/index.php/apply-now
FEES In addition to the Administrative fee Rs 10,000, students will have to pay Tuition fee USD 5,500 per annum and Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) fee USD 250 per semester, when applicable. Deadline for application: 15 July 2020 (for dual degree programmes only) For more information: www.uom.ac.mu/arizona
This new programme will be run jointly by the University of Mauritius (UoM) and CY Cergy Paris Université. The course will be delivered at UoM and at the end of the three-year course, a dual degree from both Universities will be awarded to successful students. Apply online at: https://apply.uom.ac.mu/DSPApplication FEES In addition to the Administrative fee Rs 10,000, students will have to pay Tuition fee EUR 2,000. Deadline for application: 15 July 2020 (for dual degree programmes only) For more information: http://www.uom.ac.mu/foicdt/index.php/programmes/undergraduate
General Minimum Entry Requirements and other information are available in the following Regulations (2020/2021) for consultation on the University website at http://www.uom.ac.mu Information and Instructions to Applicants a. General Information to Students b. Information on Programmes 2. School-Leavers who are ranked after the 2019 LAUREATES are eligible for a Scholarship at the University of Mauritius upon registration as students of the University of Mauritius.
The Scholarship covers the General Fees, but excludes Registration Fees and Students’ Welfare Fund (amounting to Rs 3,200). The Scholarship must be taken in the current Academic Year and may not be postponed. 3. Mature Candidates may apply for all the above programmes, except Bachelor of Laws with Honours – LLB (Hons) (LM310).
If they wish to be considered as Mature Candidates, it is compulsory that they tick the box at Section 15 of the Application Form and attach documentary evidence with regard to work experience (only those who have filled in this section and submitted the requested documents will be considered for admission as Mature Candidates). Please refer to Section 1.7 of the “General Information to Students’ Regulations 2020/2021 for criteria of eligibility available at: http://www.uom.ac.mu/Images/Files/Regulations/2020_2021/Chap1.pdf 4. Applications are also invited from suitably qualified candidates wishing to follow one module, or more, from the abovementioned programmes as ‘Auditeur Libre’ against payment of relevant fees. The directory of modules is available at: http://online.uom.ac.mu/moduledirectory/moduledatabase.asp 5. Candidates are strongly advised to consult the following website address http://ministry-education.govmu.org regarding scholarships from government to children from vulnerable families.
Application for admission is open up to Friday 20th March 2020 and all procedures and instructions indicated should be carefully followed. Please consult the University of Mauritius website. Applicants are invited to make use of a Toolkit at the following address: http://toolkit.uom.ac.mu to assist them in choosing their programmes.
Apply online http://apply.uom.ac.mu/application as per instructions. Verify carefully all your entries. Print the Cash Deposit Voucher and proceed for payment of Application Fee as follows: A non-refundable Application Fee of Rs 1,500 is to be paid through:
(I) STATE BANK OF MAURITIUS LTD (a) Over the Counter at any branch: Either by Cash or Intra Bank Transfer. Please bring along the downloaded Cash Deposit Voucher automatically generated by the system upon application.
(b) Online Banking at the following address: www.sbmgroup.mu. (II) THE MAURITIUS COMMERCIAL BANK LTD Online Banking at the following address: www.mcb.mu The University will acknowledge receipt of application online when payment is received. Applicants will then be able to print their receipt online.
Your Application will then be locked and you will not be able to amend the Form. The University is not liable for any wrong or incomplete information submitted