Admission for Teacher Training Colleges of Education for 2021-2022 Academic Year
Website to complete your 2020 / 2021 teacher training college application
Find below easy steps for applying on the Colleges of Education portal.
1. Supply your card information and ensure you keep the card safely for subsequent login.
2. Click ‘Login’ to start applying.
3. Fill Application form and supply all required details, as well as attaching a passport picture.
4. An applicant’s passport picture should be in JPG or JPEG format and must not exceed 40KB in size.
5. Click ‘Preview’ button to do any of the following:
a. Click ‘Edit’ button to modify your application.
b. Click ‘Save and Continue later button’ to save your application form for the option of coming back at a later time to edit.
c. Click ‘Submit and Print Confirmation’ to complete your online application.
d. After clicking on ‘Submit and Print Confirmation’, click ‘Print Form’ button to print Confirmation Page.
6. Keep your printed Confirmation Page safe. You will require your Application Form Number
shown on the page to check your admission status and also print your admission letter.
7. Click on the ‘Close’ to go back to the login page.
8. Each Applicant is required to print two copies each of his/her confirmation page and attach his/her results slip(s) and any other documents deemed important and forward same by post to the College of Education applied to. Failure to do so, means application won’t be processed
9. Quote your Application Reference/Form Number on your envelop.
Below is an overview of courses offered at the various colleges in Ghana:
1. WASSCE /SSSCE QUALIFICATION APPLICANTS
The general requirement for admission to the Diploma in Basic Education (DBE) Programme for both WASSCE AND SSSCE HOLDERS is CREDIT IN SIX (6) SUBJECTS COMPRISING THREE (3) CORE AND THREE (3) ELECTIVE SUBJECTS as specified below for the various options within the Programme(CREDIT MEANS A1-D7 FOR WASSCE AND A-D FOR SSSCE).
A. GENERAL PROGRAMME
WASSCE/SSSCE CREDIT PASSES IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE, CORE MATHEMATICS, INTEGRATED SCIENCE/SOCIAL STUDIES AND THREE ELECTIVE SUBJECTS FROM ANY SHS PROGRAMME AREA OF STUDY.
B. EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION STUDIES
WASSCE /SSSCE CREDIT PASSES IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE, MATHEMATICS, INTEGRATED SCIENCE/SOCIAL STUDIES AND
THREE ELECTIVE SUBJECTS FROM ANY SHS PROGRAMME AREA OF STUDY.
WASSCE/SSSCE CREDIT PASSES IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE, CORE MATHEMATICS, INTEGRATED SCIENCE AND THREE ELECTIVE SUBJECTS IN THE AREA OF MATHEMETICS AND/OR SCIENCE (ELECTIVE MATHEMATICS, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY AND BIOLOGY
D. FRENCH (AVAILABLE AT MOUNT MARY, WESLEY, E.P. AMEDZOFE, BAGABAGA AND GBEWAA COLLEGES ONLY).
WASSCE/SSSCE CREDIT PASSES IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE, CORE MATHE MATICS, INTEGRATED SCIENCE/ SOCIAL STUDIES AND ANY THREE ELECTIVE SUBJECTS INCLUDING FRENCH.
E. TECHNICAL (AVAILABLE IN AKATSI, ADA,KOMENDA,ST. JOHN BOSCO, MAMPONG TECHNICAL,ST. JOSEPH’S,WIAWSO, PRESBY AKROPONG
WASSCE/SSSCE CREDIT PASSES IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE, CORE MATHEMATICS, INTEGRATED SCIENCE AND THREE ELECTIVE SUBJECTS IN THE MATHEMATICS, SCIENCE AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION AREAS OF THE SHS PROGRAMME.
F. HEARING AND VISSUALLY CHALLENGED APPLICANTS
(I) VISUALLY IMPAIRED APPLICANTS
ADMISSION AVAILABLE FOR SUCH STUDENTS AT N.J.AHMADIYYA, COLLEGE, WA, WESLEY COLLEGE, KUMASI, AND PRESBY COLLEGE, AKROPONG.
Applicants in this category need to have CREDIT IN SOCIAL STUDIES, ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND ANY THREE ELECTIVE SUBJECTS.
Colleges of Education in the country have released fees for the 2020/21 Academic year.
Meanwhile, Some Colleges may differ from others due to other College-based charges that may have been agreed by Councils and SRCs of each and every College of Education.
The remaining fees must be paid before the beginning of the second semester.
NB: First years are required to rely solely on the information on their application letter.
Fees are different for individual programmes. Kindly write to the registrar for more details about the fees of the programme selected.