The Ghana Education Service (GES) has started the recruitment of qualified graduates teachers who have completed their national service and wish to be recruited by the GES as teaching staff.
Applicants who intend to apply for the position of classroom teachers will be required to log onto www.gespromotions.gov.gh to fill an online application form.
The Ghana Education Service (GES) has set requirement guidelines to recruit qualified newly trained teachers for the 2020/2021 academic year.
Per the guidelines, candidates who wish to be considered for employment as teachers under the GES should have completed and passed the final-year College of Education Examination.
Additionally, the candidates must have completed the mandatory national service and passed the Teacher Licensure Examination.
Such candidates should be prepared and ready to work wherever they will be posted by the GES.
GES Recruitment Application Requirements
The GES has indicated that candidates who wish to be considered for employment as teachers must have the following basic requirements.
- Completed and passed the final-year College of Education Examination in 2017 or 2018, and have no outstanding referral paper.
- Passed the Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination.
- Completed the mandatory National Service
- Candidate should be prepared and ready to work wherever they will be posted to by the GES.
Only newly trained teachers who meet the above will be shortlisted/Posted.
The closing date for the registration period is 25th August, 2020 whiles the postings shall be completed and made public by the end of November, 2020.
NOTE: This recruitment is strictly for applicants who completed College of Education in 2017 or 2018 ONLY.
Recruitment for other levels will be announced later
Additional requirements for completing the GES posting requirements are
- Birth Certificate
- Senior High Certificate (WASSCE)
- Junior High Certificate (BECE)
- SSNIT Number / TIN
- NTC Certificate among others.
College’s Certificate and NSS Certificate will later be given to all trained teachers undergoing their mandatory service in the nation.
GES Recruitment Application Guidelines 2020
Applicants are to log on to www.gespromotion.gov.gh to purchase a voucher code using their mobile money account at a charge of (GHC 5.00) and follow the necessary procedures.
Applicants should note the following steps:
A. Click on buy Voucher Code after logging onto www.gespromotions.gov.gh
B. Select the Mobile Money Network you would like to make payment with e.g (MTN Mobile money, Vodafone Cash, Tigo Cash or Airtel Money)
C. Type your ten (10) digit Mobile money number e.g (0123456789)
D. Type your valid Email Adress e.g (email@example.com)
E. Click submit and wait for approval.
F. Quickly go to your phone dialing page and dial *170#, select wallet, select My Approvals, enter your four digit PIN and select option one (1) (accept approval)
G. An SMS which contains your Voucher Code will be sent to your inbox.
I.Copy only the Voucher CODE e.g (UXPYTNDMKSGJI)
J. Go back to the official GES website, click on the Apply button under GES SHS Recruitment and follow the next procedure.
K. Fill your personal details correctly starting with your full name as it is shown on your Academic Credentials.
L. Provide your age, Gender, residential address, Contact Number, Email address, Nationality and Languages Spoken.
M. Provide your qualification that is the Program title you read in the University e.g (BA, BFA, BSc, or B.Ed)
N. State your number of years of teaching experience. E.g (1,2,3,4 or 5 )
O. Provide your First, Second & Third Subject of preference. Note that these subjects of preference must be selected based on what you studied in your respective tertiary institution. E.g (Geography, Economics & Social Studies) Choose this from the dialogue boxes assigned to.
P. State the non-teaching work experience that you have (If any)
Q. Choose 3 regions of your choice. E.g (1st=Greater Accra, 2nd = Central, & 3rd = Eastern)
R. Choose YES if you have completed your National Service.
S. Type the name of the NSS organization you served. E.g (Odoben Senior High School )
T. Type the Service Year E.g (2018 or 2018/2019)
U. Type your NSS NUMBER correctly.
Choose YES/NO if registered for the Licensure Exam. If YES, provide PIN and login.
V. Provide Schools attended starting from the highest to the lowest. That is from Tertiary to Basic.
W. Provide Schools names, the year you begun and completed.
X. Click SUBMIT and wait to receive a pop-up message which reads (Form submitted successfully, your application form is submitted Successfully).
GES Recruitment Application Deadline
The deadline for the submission of the application would be September 2020 whiles the GES postings shall be completed and made public by the end of November, 2020.
Find below easy steps for applying on the Colleges of Education portal.
- Supply your card information and ensure you keep the card safely for subsequent login.
- Click ‘Login’ to start applying.
- Fill Application form and supply all required details, as well as attaching a passport picture.
- An applicant’s passport picture should be in JPG or JPEG format and must not exceed 40KB in size.
- Click ‘Preview’ button to do any of the following:
a. Click ‘Edit’ button to modify your application.
b. Click ‘Save and Continue later button’ to save your application form for the option of coming back at a later time to edit.
c. Click ‘Submit and Print Confirmation’ to complete your online application.
d. After clicking on ‘Submit and Print Confirmation’, click ‘Print Form’ button to print Confirmation Page.
- Keep your printed Confirmation Page safe. You will require your Application Form Number
shown on the page to check your admission status and also print your admission letter.
- Click on the ‘Close’ to go back to the login page.
- Each Applicant is required to print two copies each of his/her confirmation page and attach his/her results slip(s) and any other documents deemed important and forward same by post to the College of Education applied to. Failure to do so, means application won’t be processed
- Quote your Application Reference/Form Number on your envelop.