Application Deadline for TUM
The application period for the winter term 2021/22 will start on 1 January 2021, and the deadline will be 31 May 2021. Your application has to be fully completed online at this date.
Please note that we select our students carefully and that this process will take some time.
Therefore, we will split the selection process into two parts: In the first part we will handle all applications which are sent until 15 March, in the second one we will handle the remaining applications.
The selection will take approx. 2 month, i.e. the admission letters will be available approx.
- end of May if you apply until 15 March
- end of July if you apply until 31 May
If you need to apply for a visa we therefore recommend to apply until the earlier deadline.
Please note: A visa must be applied for well in advance of your departure (at least 2 months ahead of time!).
You will need to apply for your visa at the embassy / consulate of the Federal Republic of Germany in your home country.
Applicants from EU/EWR nations as well as some other nations are exempt from this regulation. Also see here about countries whose citizens require / do not require a visa.
Application Deadline for uni-assit
All applicants who did not obtain their qualification for postgraduate studies (usually a bachelor’s degree) in a country within the EU/EEA have to hand in documents additionally to uni-assist.
The deadlines for handing in documents to uni-assist are in general the same as for your application at TUM. However, uni-assist needs additional processing time (up to 6 weeks). TUM will start processing your application only after receiving the results of the documents check of uni-assist.
Therefore, we recommend to hand in documents to uni-assist 6 weeks before application deadline (15th March or 31st May).
TUM Asia accepts a single intake for our Master of Science programmes, with the course commencement in August each year. To apply for the programmes, you are required to start your application on our Online Admissions Portal.
Applications to our Master degree programmes for the AY2223 intake are now open! The application deadline is 31 March 2022.
STEPS TO APPLY
- First, submit your application online (with softcopy application documents) through our Online Application Portal here.
- Complete the submission with the payment of the one-time processing charge (S$79, inclusive of GST) on the application portal.
- Once the online application is submitted, your application and uploaded softcopy documents will be assessed by our Admissions team.
- The pre-assessment process will take minimum 4 to 6 weeks and you will be informed of the results via email. Please be patient with us as you wait for your results.
- If we have informed you to mail your notarised hardcopy application documents to us, you may mail them to:-
- Office of Admissions, TUM Asia
510 Dover Road, #05-01 SIT@SP Building
- Please do not mail any documents to us if we did not tell you to. We do not return any hardcopy documents that are submitted to us under any circumstances.
- The result of your application will typically be communicated to you via email between 4 – 8 weeks after we have received the complete set of your notarised hardcopy documents. In some instances, the process may take longer than 8 weeks, but rest assured that we will notify you on the outcome of your application.
DOWNLOAD OUR HELPFUL GUIDE