Call for Application for Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery degree (MBBS) August 2022
The Faculty of Medicine at the University of Botswana (UB) offers both under-graduate (MBBS) and post-graduate (MMed) degrees. The Faculty prides itself with following the World Federation of Medical Education (WFME) standards and a problem-based learning approach, working with local health centres (clinics and hospitals) as well as health professional bodies.
This announcement invites applications for the undergraduate training programme, the Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), in the Faculty, for the August 2022 enrollment. For more information about programmes please visit the following UB websites: (www.ub.bw) and (www.ubotho.net).
All who successfully complete this programme will be awarded an MBBS degree from the University of Botswana and will qualify for registration with the Botswana Health Professions Council as medical practitioners.
- A University Bachelor of Science (General) programme at level 100 with a pass in CHEMISTRY and TWO other core subjects; Biology, Mathematics or Physics. The cut-off cumulative GPA for the courses should be at least 3.5 for a candidate to be considered.
- Advanced level (A2) qualification with CHEMISTRY and two additional subjects; Biology, Mathematics or Physics with cumulative marks equivalent to CGPA of 3.5
- A University Bachelor’s degree in any discipline acquired in the last 5 years, i.e. the year 2017 or thereafter. The degree holder needs to have passed with at least a Second Class Second Division (2.1), and they need to have done at least TWO of the following subjects at their programme’s level 100; Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics or Physics
Please note that re-applications will also be considered, though their Level 100 grades in CHEMISTRY and TWO additional subjects (Biology, Mathematics & Physics) will be used. First applicants who are currently beyond level 100 will be considered as well, and their level 100 grades in CHEMISTRY and two additional subjects (Biology, Mathematics & Physics) will be considered.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure they fulfill criteria for sponsorship by their prospective sponsor before applying. Whilst preference will be given to Botswana citizens in the allocation of places, non-citizens with proof of sponsorship will also be considered, in accordance with UB’s internationalization policy.
Completed applications must include:
- A completed UB application form (visit the UB website www.ub.bw). This should include relevant personal information including active e-mail addresses and mobile telephone numbers. The UB application form should be completed by all candidates (both external and those currently UB students).
- A proof of payment for the application fee
- Certified copies of qualifications and degrees as well as official transcripts from the applicant’s current or former school.
How to Apply
- Before you complete an application, please go over the Application Package
- In order to apply On-line please follow the Step-by-Step Guide in the Application Package
- An e-mail address is required for one to apply onlineOur application system is currently experiencing challenges with gmail accounts. Kindly avoid using gmail accounts to avoid delays in receiving communication.
- Make your ONLINE APPLICATION HERE
All applications should be received by 17th June 2022.
Applicants who fulfil criteria for selection will be shortlisted and will undergo a test and an interview. Those who are successful will be notified by end of June 2022 and must be available to begin training beginning of August 2022.
For enquiries on the application process contact:
- Mr. Solomon Mogapi at firstname.lastname@example.org , +267 355 4763,
- Mr. Moagisi Mogalakwe at email@example.com, phone +267 355-2784 or
- Faculty of Medicine at firstname.lastname@example.org, +267 355 4189.