University Of Botswana Registration For Semester 1 Academic Year

By | September 13, 2022

University Of Botswana Registration For Semester 1 Academic Year

University of Botswana wishes to inform all students, both the returning and newly admitted (freshers), that registration for Semester 1 of the academic year is now open and will close on 31st July.

Before you begin your registration

Please go over the materials in the registration package.

Make sure you have paid appropriate fees or you have a sponsorship letter.

Registration Package

Online Registration – A Step-by-step Guide

Financial Procedures and Schedule of Fees

Tuition Fee Payment Plan

Dropping a Course Guide

Swapping Classes Guide

Password Reset Guide

Summary of New Progression Regulations

Lecturing Timetable for Semester 1 Academic Year

Courses to register for under specific programmes at the Faculty of Business

Add Form – Faculty of Science

Faculty of Science Special Regulations

Registration to All Year One Students Admitted into the Faculty of Science

Payment of fees

All Returning/continuing students under DTEF sponsorship, are expected to register without making any payment.

All Newly Sponsored Students (DTEF and other Sponsors) should send their sponsorship letters by email to:  Please do ensure that you write your Student ID (Ref in your Admission letter) in the subject of email.

All Self‑Sponsored Students (Returning and New) are expected to pay a minimum of 25% of all the Semester fees (Tuition, International Administration Fee, Accommodation, Excursion and Student Life). The remaining 75% balance be paid in monthly equal instalments, payable all before end of each semester. Once the payment has been done, complete the Payment Plan form.

Send scanned Payment Plan form and Proof of Payment to, we will then facilitate your registration and will respond to the email to indicate that you may register.

See also  Maun Senior Secondary School Enrollment Hospitality Tourism forms 2021

To comply with Covid-19 protocols, students are advised not to come to Students Debtors Offices but utilize the availed online resources. This will ensure that there is no overcrowding and will reduce exposure to Covid-19 infection for our students.

Making your payment

Online Payment:
Students can pay their fees online using the UB Payments platform.

Bank Deposit:

Local students can pay their fees at any branch of First National Bank of Botswana into; 

Account Name: University of Botswana, 

Bank Account Number: 62130787601

International students can pay into the Standard Chartered Bank Account details of which are as follows:

Account Name: University of Botswana

Account Number:0100110109600

Branch code:662167

Swift code: SCHBBWGX

For any financial queries or questions kindly send an email to this email address, or call +267 355 4633/4634/4635

Academic registration online

Before you start the registration process, ensure that you have a list of courses that you are supposed to register for, otherwise contact your Faculty for guidance in that regard.

This process applies mainly to new students as those returning are aware of the process of logging into the Student Administration System. New students are therefore to follow the steps below followed by the ones on the ONLINE REGISTRATION: A STEP‑BY‑STEP GUIDE to complete academic registration. 

The first steps towards online registration are as follows:

Open the Student Administration System.

You will then have to provide your login details in order to access the system. Your login details are as follows:

User ID: Your Student Identity Number (Ref: on the Admission offer)

See also  Open University of Mauritius Enrolment for July/August Intake

Password: This is made up of the first 2 letters of your First Name in uppercase, the first 2Surname in uppercase and the last 4 number of your Student Identity Number. The example below is an illustration of the login details are explained above:

If your Student Identity Number is: 202001460, and your

First name is Peter

Surname is Tomson, then

User ID: 202001460, Password: PETO1460

Finally Click on Sign In in order to access the System.

You can now follow the steps outlined in the ONLINE REGISTRATION: A STEP‑BY‑STEP GUIDE to complete your academic registration.