Former undergraduate students, who have been away from the University for a period of fewer than 10 semesters (five academic years), are invited to apply in order to enroll in January 2023. This includes former students who previously withdrew with/without due notice; failed and discontinued/excluded; enrolment terminated, and have been away from the University for at least one semester.
Students in other academic institutions who wish to transfer to UB are also informed that they may apply to enroll in January 2023, provided they have completed and passed at least one year of their undergraduate study programme.
Prospective applicants are to make their applications online through the ‘’STUDY” link on the University of Botswana website: www.ub.bw and may use any internet facility available to them.
A Step-By-Step Guide on the online application is available online and also as a hardcopy which can be obtained from UB Undergraduate Admissions Office at Main Campus in Gaborone.
In processing applications for January 2023 intake, UB would like prospective applicants to take note of the following:
- The application processes for January 2023 entry for both local and international will be closed on the 14th of December 2022.
- Applications will be processed to determine eligibility, the outcome of which will be communicated to the applicants accordingly.
- Prospective applicants should ensure that they provide their correct email address and mobile number as the outcome of their applications will be communicated through such means.
For any inquiries on the January 2023 intake, re-admissions, and transfers, kindly contact Undergraduate Admissions Office at (+267) 3552912/4625/2047/2183; or email: email@example.com
How to apply for admission
- Make sure the following documents are readily available:
- Application fee receipt (pay a non-refundable Application Fee listed under Schedule of Fees, View Schedule of Fees which is payable into the UB bank accounts listed under Financial Procedures or UB Cash Office)
- Certified copy of the Senior Secondary School Certificate or Statement of Results (School Leavers)
- Certified copies of Transcript(s) and or Certificate(s) for those applying for Upper Levels, Transfers and Re-Admission
- Certified copy of National Identity Card (Omang) / Passport (Omang for citizens)
Completing your Application
- Before you complete an application, please go over the Application Package
- In order to apply Online please follow the Step-by-Step Guide in the Application Package
- An e-mail address is required for one to apply online
- Make your ONLINE APPLICATION HERE
Tracking your Application
- Once you have applied and have received the acknowledgment letter, you may use the login details on such a letter to track the process of your application. To do that navigate to the login screen and log in using the details given in the acknowledgment letter. Navigate by clicking Main Menu, then Student Admissions, then Self Service and Student Centre.
- Applicants may make changes to their study choice anytime before the closing date for applications, but that has to be done through Undergraduate Admissions, Recruitment, and Liason office.