Medcol Jobs 2017 : Programmes Assistant
College of Medicine- African Center of Excellence for Public Health and Herbal Medicine (ACEPHEM)
Duration: Two year renewable contracts
REPORTING TO: Programmes Manager
The Programmes Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Coordinate all aspects of the administrative, secretariat and logistical preparation of ACEPHEM;
- Contact and liaise with the relevant internal stakeholders as necessary in preparation of the workshops including documentation and work programmes;
- Liaise with the Programme Manager and other relevant Secretariat officers in order to ensure coordination of workshops and conference facilities, travel and visa arrangements and other logistical preparations;
- Draft correspondences and other communications with the internal and external stakeholders;
- Assist in the preparation of programmes documentation including the summary report of the ACEPHEM programme;
- Ensure updating the website with the relevant information on the workshop including posting of statements and other documentation;
- Maintain verbal and written contact and communications with all the relevant stakeholders;
- Provide additional support to the overall work and responsibilities of ACEPHE
Professionalism:Ability to perform a broad range of administrative functions, e.g., budget/work programme, human resources, database management. Ability to apply knowledge of various University of Malawi and public sector administrative, financial and human resources rules and regulations in work situations. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
Planning and Organizing: Ability to plan own work and manage conflicting priorities. Ability to organize and coordinate administrative and logistical arrangements for seminars, workshops and conferences.
Communication: Good communication (spoken and written) skills, including ability to draft a variety of correspondence and other communications, summary reports..
Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Education: A minimum of a college diploma or equivalent.
Work Experience: At least three years of programme support, administrative and other related experience. Those with experience in an academic or public sector environments will have an advantage.
Experience should include servicing of intergovernmental bodies and preparation of UN official documents..
Other Desirable Skills – Excellent knowledge of computer office standard applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
How to apply:
For questions: Please send via email to: Dr Fanuel Lampiao- Deputy Center Director (email@example.com)
Copy: Prof Adamson S. Muula- Center Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Send Applications to: The Registrar (HR)
ACEPHEM Programmes Assistant
College of Medicine
Private Bag 360
Chichiri, Blantyre 3, Malawi
Please note that, because of the volume of applicants, applications will not be acknowledged.
Only applicants possessing the required qualifications will be taken into consideration. Only the successful candidate will be notified of the outcome of the short-listing
The ACEPHEM shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in this job vacancy.
Deadline: 18th February 2017