MEDCOL 2017 Job Vacancy : Research Nurse
Training and Research Unit of Excellence (TRUE) is a young and vibrant research group at the College of Medicine specializing in high quality malaria and anemia research. Among other studies, the unit is currently conducting an operational malaria control research project known as the Majete Malaria Project in Chikhwawa.
TRUE is urgently seeking a suitably qualified, highly motivated and hardworking candidate to fill the vacant position of Research Nurse, tenable at Chikhwawa. Appointment will be made on a fixed term basis for two years, which may be renewed depending on performance and availability of funds.
Job Summary: To assist with epidemiological / entomological data collection and provide nursing care to study participants according to study protocols.
Duties and responsibility
Duties shall include but not limited to the following:
- To provide clinical care to all study participants as per study protocols.
- Locate selected study households, which change regularly, with assistance of GPS and navigation on Android OS tablet
- To prepare for drug administration as per study protocol, ensuring all drugs in use are available and not out of date.
- Checking eligibility and obtain informed consent from study participants or guardians.
- To be collecting samples as per study requirement e.g. DBS Filter paper samples, slides, etc
- To provide information and sympathetic counseling to parents and guardians in relation to entomological /epidemiological issues.
- Recording of clinical/entomological data in both manual and electronic format
- Assisting community based research assistants in managing and following up study participants.
- Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery from a recognized institution
- State Registered or Enrolled Nurse with at least 2 years’ experience in a research setting
- Valid GCP
All interested applicants with the required qualifications and experience should submit a cover letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) with three traceable referees to the address below by the
Closing Date 10th of September, 2017.
College of Medicine