One Acre Fund Are Looking For Individuals With Great Leadership
One Acre Fund is a highly dynamic and fast paced organization and are looking for individuals with great leadership and team management potential; a knack for quick out-the-box thinking, problem solving, and proactivity; and who are not afraid to get their feet muddy! We place a heavy emphasis on both execution and staff growth and development. We offered mentored stretch-projects to all staff because we believe that growth comes through taking on responsibility and practice.
In this position you will be challenged to think strategically and critically, dig into details as well as see the bigger picture, and build your people and management skills.
As a Government Services Project Specialist, your role will include:
- Project management and oversight of multiple field-facing trials and ultimately the programme at scale
- Executing and managing all field-facing communication including overseeing all required content, tools, KPIs, and logistics
- Spend at least 1 day in the field per week
- Management of key external and internal partnerships, and interdepartmental coordination
- Monitoring of relevant agricultural policy developments and opportunities
- Support field team in day to day activities, and contribute to holding the department accountable to its critical path
- Acting as the key liaison between the field staff and management, with potential staff management and mentoring within the department
- Contributing to decision making forums
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager and a global support team will commit significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with a Bachelor’s degree and at least 1 year of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience (e.g. leading a conference, or starting a business).
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work
- Top-performing academic background (include GPA on your resume)
- We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- Strong communicator
- Problem solving
- Analytical and strategic competencies
- Project Management
- Computer Skills (esp. Excel)
- Fluency in English and Chichewa required
The following characteristics are highly desirable:
- Team Player
- Hard-working & ambitious
- Entrepreneurial and proactive independent thinking
- Hands-on mentality
- Attention to detail
- Passion for ending hunger in Malawi
Preferred Start Date:
As soon as possible
Minimum two year’s commitment, full-time job.
We offer a modest starting salary that affords a high quality of life in our areas of operation. This is a career-track role with performance-based raises and the ability to expand responsibilities over time.
Note: We are not able to sponsor a visa for this position.