2018 LUANAR And CABMACC Research Dissemination Conference Call For Abstract
The Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources (LUANAR) through the Directorate of Research and Outreach and the Capacity Building for Management of Climate Change Programme (CABMACC) has organized a National Research Dissemination Conference to take place at Bingu International Conference Centre from 30th to 31st January 2018.
You are therefore kindly invited to submit an abstract of your original recent research findings (<5 years) for oral or poster presentation at the conference. It is envisaged that the conference will provide a broader and multidisciplinary audience for researchers to share their work and gain recognition for their work.
The forum will also provide researchers exposure to public presentation. Furthermore, the conference will provide platform for collaboration and networking with variety of scientists and stakeholders from a wider spectrum.
Theme of the conference is:
‘Framing agriculture, food security, livelihoods and climate change nexus for social-economic transformation’
All submissions must be within the following sub-themes.
1) Climate smart Agriculture, innovations, technologies and best practices for climate
change adaptation and mitigation.
2) Capacity building and gender mainstreaming for climate change adaptation and
3) Nutrition, and Public health amidst climate change.
4) Agricultural entrepreneurship, and Livestock nexus to climate change
5) Agriculture mechanization, Natural resource management and ICT in Agriculture.
All submissions must adhere to the following guidelines:
(i) The title should be concise with no more than 15 words.
(ii) All texts in the abstract must have a font size of 12 in Times New Roman, spaced at
1.5 and justified.
(iii) The abstract must have a maximum of 300 words in a single paragraph.
(iv) The affiliations of authors should be indicated by number superscripts (such as 1, 2,3). All affiliations should be placed below the title before the corresponding author’s email.
(v) The corresponding author must be indicated using an asterisk and the email of the corresponding author must be provided.
(vi) The abstract must have five keywords italicized and in alphabetical order at the bottom of the abstract preceded by the word; Keywords:
(vii) The abstract must contain the background, aim, methods, findings, conclusion and
recommendation and these must be indicated in the abstract and bolded
• Authors of successful abstracts will be requested to submit full paper (s) which will be peer reviewed for possible publication in conference proceedings and/ or a special issue of the Malawi Journal of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Development Studies (MAJANDS).
• The format for the full paper will be provided only to authors whose abstract (s) have been accepted.
Accepted papers will be scheduled for either an oral or poster presentation by at least one of the authors. Please indicate whether your submission is specifically for a poster where applicable.
NB: By design, all CABMACC Programme research grantees are expected to present their
research findings/results during the conference.
Important dates to remember
• 10th December 2017 deadline for submission of Abstracts. Submit your abstract(s) to
email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
• 23rd December, 2017, confirmation of the selected abstracts and notification to authors.
• 10th January 2018 deadline for submission of Full Papers.
• 20th January, 2018, Final Conference Program, book of abstract and Venue Announced
• 30-31 January 2018, Conference at BICC
Please find further details of the conference on by downloading the attached file.