The Islamic University College, Ghana (IUCG) invites applications from suitably qualified persons for admission to undergraduate programmes of the University College for the 2020/2021 Academic Year.
WHO CAN APPLY
The Islamic University College is open to all persons irrespective of one’s religious affiliation, social status, ethnicity and/or nationality as far as they are qualified. Thus, Senior High School graduates and mature candidates who intend to acquire quality tertiary education are encouraged to enroll with the IUCG.
The IUCG is duly accredited by the National Accreditation Board (NAB) as a degree awarding Institution.
AFFILIATION FOR CERTIFICATES:
The IUCG is affiliated to the University of Ghana, Legon and the University of Education, Winneba (UEW) for the award of degrees. Therefore, graduates of IUCG -depending on the programme pursued- are issued with degree certificates by either the University of Ghana, Legon or the University of Education, Winneba (UEW).
- Moderate fees and Flexible mode of payment
- Scholarship packages for students with good academic record
- Quality tuition and conducive learning environment
- Bachelor of Arts in Religious Studies
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) – Accounting
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) – Banking and Finance
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) – Marketing
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) – Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies (BAC) – Journalism
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies (BAC) – Public Relations
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies (BAC) – Advertising
- Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood Education (B.ED)
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education
There are two Lecture Sessions for each of the two Semesters per year:
- Morning Session: Monday to Friday – 07:30 to 17:00 hours
- Weekend Session: Friday 14:00 to 21:00 hours and Saturday 07:00 to 21:00 hours
The qualifications for entry into Islamic University College (IUCG) for the four-year Bachelor’s Degree programmes are here.
- Application Form is obtainable:
- From Regional Post Offices nationwide
- From the Administration Block of Islamic University College
- Downloading the University Undergraduate Application Form and the University Application Form Guidelines to guide you to fill the form.
- The Application Fee GH¢100.00 (for Ghanaians) or US$70.00 (for non-Ghanaians)
- Payment for the downloaded Application Form should be paid through any branch of Ghana Commercial Bank (See Mode of Payment
- Fill the Application Form. The completed Application Form must have attached to it:
- Copy of Payment Receipt (Pay-in-Slip) of the Application Fee
- All relevant certificates or examination slips (WASSCE/SSSCE, Cambridge GCE, WAEC GCE, etc), and diploma from diploma-awarding institutions in Ghana or elsewhere.
- And other documents stated in the “Attached Documents” section of the Application Form.
- The completed Application Form must be signed by the prospective student and delivered in person or by post (EMS or courier service) together with “All Documents” stated in above to the Regsitry of IUCG at the following address:
Islamic University College, Ghana (IUCG)
P.O. Box CT-3221, Accra. Ghana
MODE OF PAYMENT
The Application Fee GH¢100.00 (for Ghanaians) or US$70.00 (for non-Ghanaians) should be paid through any branch of Ghana Commercial Bank in Ghana into:
Account Name: ISLAMIC UNIVERSITY COLLEGE, GHANA
Branch: GCB TETTEH QUARSHIE BRANCH
Account Number: 1261130008593
NOTE: A copy of the Pay-in-Slip should be submitted together with the completed Application Form.
For Mature Candidates ONLY
There will be a two-week Tutorial Course (costing GH¢250 plus optional Hostel fee of GH¢50) to be organized from Monday, 22nd July to Friday, 2nd August and from 5th August to 16th August 2019 and from for prospective Mature candidates to prepare them for the University Entrance Examinations.
TUTORIAL COURSE CENTERS:
Accra – IUCG Campus
Tamale – Fathul Mubeen SHS
Wa – Islamic Girls Senior High School
ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONS CENTERS:
- Accra – IUCG Campus
- Kumasi – Central Mosque
- Tamale – Fathul Mubeen SHS
- Wa – Islamic Girls Senior High School
The University admits the following categories of students into Level 100 (first year) of the 4-year bachelor degree programme:
- Holders of Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) of West African Examinations Council (WAEC) with passes (at Grade D or better) in core English, core Mathematics and Integrated Science or Social Studies plus three elective subjects, with an aggregate of 24 or better.
- Holders of West African Senior Secondary (School) Certificate Examination (WASSCE) of WAEC with passes (at Grade C6 or better) in core English, core Mathematics and Integrated Science or Social Studies plus three elective subjects, with an aggregate score of 36 or better.
- Candidates with a combination of SSSCE and WASSCE may also apply.
- Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level with five (5) credits including English Language and Mathematics plus at least two (2) GCE ‘A’ Level passes and a pass in General Paper. One of the ‘A’ Level passes must be at grade D or better.
- Holders of (i) Ghana GCE ‘O’ Level with five (5) credits including English Language and Mathematics, (ii) Teachers’ Post-Secondary School Certificate (2- or 3-year) without Diploma, and (iii) other High-School-equivalent certificates (local or foreign) are encouraged to apply as Mature applicants.
- Holders of other qualifications [such as Professional certificates and Diplomas: HND (First and Second Class), ICA, CIM, etc.; RSA II and above, DBS (with Distinction), GIJ certificate, Teachers’ Diploma, a University degree in unrelated subject] can apply and would be considered for placement into Level 200 or 300 on a case-by-case basis at an interview. (Applications should include relevant transcripts and SSSCE/WASSCE/GCE result slips).
- Mature applicants with a minimum age of 25 years who do not necessarily satisfy the above standard requirement for admission but have reasonable educational background and 3 years working experience or have demonstrated ability for academic work. Such applicants shall have to pass a University Entrance Examination in English (Essay, Comprehension, Grammar and Usage), Mathematics, and General Paper (Critical Thinking and Current Affairs) and may be required to pass an interview. (Applications should include a copy each of Birth Certificate, Letters showing First and Current Employment, and any other relevant examination results.
- Foreign students with qualifications equivalent to those mentioned above may be considered for admission. They must, however, show evidence of proficiency in English Language.