Apply for Admission Now
Please click on a relevant link below to apply to the Singapore University of Social Sciences.
- Part-time Undergraduate Programmes
- Graduate Programmes
- Continuing Education and Training (CET) Courses
* Application for Full-time Undergraduate Programmes (July 2021 intake) is now closed. Application period for the July 2022 intake will be from 19 November 2021 to 19 March 2022.
# Application for the Law Programmes (January 2022 intake) is now closed. Application period for the January 2023 intake will be from 1 January 2022 to 15 July 2022.
How to Apply
Application for graduate programmes is to be made online. Each e-application must be accompanied by a non-refundable application fee which is payable online only.
- Singapore Citizen & Permanent Resident – $64.20 (inclusive of GST)
- All other applicants – $107* (inclusive of GST)
* This does not include all fees related to Student’s Pass application.
You will receive an acknowledgement notification and receipt via email for successful submission of your online application.
Applicants must possess an undergraduate degree or an equivalent qualification from a recognised institution.
For SUSS graduate programmes that are conducted in the English Language, you must meet the English Language Proficiency Requirement (ELPR)* if your undergraduate degree is not awarded by an English-medium university, or your undergraduate degree is awarded by an English-medium university but the language of instruction was not English.
* at least an IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5, or a TOEFL score of 580 (paper-based) or 85 (internet-based), or a PTE Academic score of 58, or C1 Advanced score of 180 [score must be obtained within the last 2 years at point of application].
Applicants with an undergraduate degree that was conducted in English but awarded by a non-English medium university must produce an official letter from the university to certify as such in order to seek waiver of the ELPR requirement.
Additional admission requirements may be applicable to some programmes.
Shortlisted applicants may be required to undergo one or more interviews and/or take written admission or other evaluation tests as may be prescribed by SUSS from time to time.
All applications are considered individually on merit, and the offer of admission is dependent on the number of places available in individual programmes. Admission is solely at the discretion of SUSS and the decision is final and binding. SUSS reserves the right to refuse admission and is not obliged to offer an explanation for the non-admission of unsuccessful candidates.
Admission Calendar – July 2021 Intake
|Submit e-application and supporting documents||By 31 Mar 2021|
|Admission interview (if applicable)||Nov 2020 to Apr 2021|
|Receive email notification on the application’s outcome||By 31 May 2021|
|Enrol as a student by registering courses and making course fee payment||By 15 Jun 2021|
|Submission of PSEA form for new students (if applicable)||By 30 Jun 2021|
|Within 5 working days of successful payment, new student will receive an email notification for MyMail account and Student Portal login details||From 21 Jun 2021|
|Student orientation and course materials collection||10 Jul 2021|
|Course timetable available online via Student Portal||19 Jul 2021|
|Class commencement||From 26 Jul 2021|
|Receive student card via post||By 31 Jul 2021|
Admission Calendar – January 2022 Intake
|Submit e-application and supporting documents||By 30 Sep 2021|
|Admission interview (if applicable)||Jun 2021 to Oct 2021|
|Receive email notification on the application’s outcome||By 1st week Dec 2021|
|Enrol as a student by registering courses and making course fee payment||By 15 Dec 2021|
|Submission of PSEA form for new students (if applicable)||By 30 Dec 2021|
|Within 5 working days of successful payment, new student will receive an email notification for MyMail account and Student Portal login details||From 21 Dec 2021|
|Student orientation and course materials collection||8 Jan 2022|
|Course timetable available online via Student Portal||17 Jan 2022|
|Class commencement||From 24 Jan 2022|
|Receive student card via post||By 31 Jan 2022|
CET Admission Eligibility
Admission Eligibility Criteria for Undergraduate CET Modular Courses
- At least 18 years of age
- GCE ‘A’ level with two passes (prior to 2006) or two H2 passes (from 2006), or local polytechnic diploma; or International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma; or NUS High School Diploma
- Applicants with a Diploma from ITE, or other Diploma qualifications plus an acceptable SAT or ACT (with Writing) score may be considered for admission on a case-by-case basis
- If not, at least 5 GCE ‘O’ Levels & an interview
- Specific programmes may have additional requirements
Admission Eligibility Criteria for Graduate CET Modular Courses
- An undergraduate degree or an equivalent qualification from a recognised institution
- Specific courses may have additional requirements
Subject to your eligibility and the approval of the Head of Programme, credits earned (up to a cap of 30 credit units) from the completion of Graduate CET Modular courses from the suite of Graduate Programmes may be recognised when admitted to the relevant Graduate Programmes.
SUSS reserves the right to cancel, amend or change the terms and conditions under which its courses and programmes are offered without prior notice.
New CET applicants will have to pay a non-refundable one-time application fee* of $64.20 inclusive of GST.
* prevailing rate
Application Period for January Semester: October to End November
Application Period for July Semester: April to End May
NOTE: For this period, with the closure of the students counter in addition to social distancing measures, we will require students to make the declaration that documents submitted are true and certified copies, and that SUSS has the right to validate them. Failing the validation, or misrepresenting submitted documents may subject your application to cancellation of registration, withdrawal of courses, and/or even expulsion from course. Please submit the following documents during online e-application: Coloured NRIC (front and back)ALL Education Certificates & Transcripts1 recent colour passport-sized photograph
CET Courses may be read for Credit or on an Audit mode.
- Audit – Students attend classes only, and do not submit assessments or sit for examinations. A Certificate of Participation will be issued.
- Credit – Students attend classes and pass course requirements (i.e. submit assessments and sit for examinations). A Course Certificate will be issued upon passing the course requirements.
- If a CET student takes the Credit mode and does not fulfil the course requirements (e.g. did not submit the required assessments or fails the course), this student will receive a Certificate of Participation.
Please click here for the academic calendar.
If there are any changes to your contact information, especially your email address and contact number, please update us promptly via email to email@example.com. This is to ensure that notifications are delivered to you.
Notification of Application Status
You will receive notification of your application status via email. For January intake, the notification will be sent out by end November, and for July intake, by end May. Alternatively, you may also check your application status via our Online Application Enquiry.
Acceptance of Offer
If you are successful in your application, you will receive enrolment information together with your application outcome notification. You will be invited to participate in the online Acceptance of Offer. The deadlines for Acceptance of Offer for the January and July intakes are 15 December and 15 June respectively. To be accepted as a student, you need to pay the course fee and enrol by the stipulated deadline.
You will receive an acknowledgement notification and receipt via email for successful submission and payment of your online acceptance of offer.
If you wish to appeal against the admission decision of Singapore University of Social Sciences, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your reason(s) of appeal together with any supporting document(s) that was not furnished previously during your application.
Your appeal will be considered and you will be informed of the outcome. Thereafter, the decision of the University is final and further appeals will not be entertained.