MCA JULY – DECEMBER 2016 SEMESTER COURSES ANNOUNCEMENT
Malawi College of Accountancy is pleased to invite applications for enrollment to various professional and degree courses for the July to December, 2016 semester. Professional courses classes will commence on 2nd July, 2016 (Weekend Classes) and 4th July, 2015 (Full-time Classes) and Degree classes will commence on 15th August, 2016 – at all three campuses.
Professional Courses – The following professional programmes are offered, on full-time, evening and weekend basis:
ICAM – Accounting
- Certificate in Financial Accounting (CFA)
- Accounting Technician
- ICAM Professional programme
ACCA – Accounting
- Diploma in Business Studies (FIA)
- Skills/Essentials/Options Modules
- Oxford Brookes Degree Mentoring
ABE – Business Management
- Diploma to Graduate Diploma
CIPS – Purchasing and Supply
- Certificate to Graduate Diploma
IMIS -Management Information Systems
- Diploma and Higher Diploma
CILT – Logistics & Transport (LL Campus only)
CII – Insurance (LL Campus only)
- Certificate and Diploma
Malawi College of Accountancy Short Courses – Certificate in Financial Management (Business Control and Governance)
- Interpretation of financial statements (IFS)
- Budgeting and Budgetary Control (BBC)
- Ethics and Governance (EAG)
Duration and mode of attendance – The course will run over a period of 15 weeks at Blantyre campus only, from mid-July to November, 2016, with the examinations taking place during week 16. Attendance will be evening classes, one day a week, from 17:30 to 21:00hrs.
Target group – Senior executives, managers, supervisors and elected office bearers with a non-finance background wishing to equip themselves with an understanding of reading financial statements, budgeting and budgetary control and corporate risk, ethics and governance issues.
School of Commerce – The following degree programmes will be offered on full-time, evening and weekend basis and applications are invited for admission into years 1, 2 and 3:
1. Bachelor of Business Management & Entrepreneurship
2. Bachelor of Applied Accounting: Auditing & Information Systems
3. Bachelor of Marketing & Public Relations
4. Bachelor of Management Information Systems
Exemptions: These are available based on students’ qualifications and experience.
Bridging Programme – For school leavers wishing to enroll in year 1 and mature entry students wishing to enroll in years 2 and 3; to run from mid-May to July, 2016 to prepare students to commence degree studies this August. Applications should be received by 11 May and classes will commence on 16 May, 2016.