MEDCOL Call for applications MMED in Psychiatry 2017
COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
Call for applications FOR POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
MMED in Psychiatry
The Scotland-Malawi Mental Health Education Project (SMMHEP) has been funded by the Scottish Government International Development Fund to support the training of specialists in psychiatry in Malawi. It is expected that the graduates of the scholarship programme will become leaders in mental health practice, education and service development in Malawi.
College of Medicine therefore invites applications from current Ministry of Health/Education employees for 4 specialist training scholarships for the College of Medicine MMed (Psychiatry) programme.
This 4-year course will be split between 2 years spent in Malawi and 2 years at University of Cape Town, South Africa. The grants will cover tuition fees, research project costs, books and conference attendance as well as living costs, travel, visa and registration costs for the period in South Africa. Successful candidates will be expected to enroll at the College of Medicine at the latest by March 2016.
Interested candidates can contact the head of department of mental health Dr Stefan Holzer (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information.
The deadline for applications is the 18th of November 2016. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and invited for interviews.
Admission Requirements for MMED and Fellowship Training Programs:
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) or its equivalent from any recognised university
- Be registered with the Malawi Medical Council as a Medical Practitioner
- One year post-internship work experience
Applications for all Postgraduate programs should include:
- A completed postgraduate application form. The forms are available
- Sealed academic transcripts
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates
- Authenticated copies of professional registration certificates where applicable
- Letter of release from employers (if employed)
- Reference letters (one academic and one professional)
A non-refundable application fee of MK10,000.00 for Malawians and $300.00 for non-Malawians.
Payment should be made to:
COM POSTGRADUATE POOL
NATIONAL BANK OF MALAWI
ACCOUNT NUMBER : 698881
Application forms that do not meet the requirements stated above will not be processed.
Completed application should be sent:
College of Medicine
Private Bag 360
Blantyre 3, Malawi
Attention: Assistant Registrar (Academic)
Tel: + 265 (0) 1 874 107, Fax +265 (0) 1 874 700