Medcol Jobs 2017 : Cleaners (2) One Per Research Site
Training and Research Unit of Excellence (TRUE) is a young and vibrant research group at the College of Medicine specializing in high quality malaria and anemia research. Among other research studies, the unit will conduct a new study in Intermittent Preventive Treatment with DHA-piperaquine for malaria in pregnancy in areas with high sulphadoxine-pyrimethamine resistance in Africa in Chikhwawa and Mangochi hospitals.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position
To provide high quality cleaning and sanitation services to the study clinic.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that cleaning materials are always available and in good working order.
- Report any item needing maintenance to the Nurse Manager or Study Coordinator.
- Cleaning study clinic / laboratory and all other rooms used for the study.
- Cleaning laboratory glassware according to pre-set protocols.
- Cleaning toilets and shower rooms.
- Emptying bins in the wards/laboratories according to pre-set protocols.
- Collecting linen, sorting, sluicing according to protocols, and taking to laundry for washing.
- Cleaning windows and high dusting once every week.
- Serving patients in the ward with food supplements when necessary.
- Preparing refreshments for staff as required.
- Reporting any problem to the Line Manager.
- Performing any other duties deemed reasonable within his/her capacity and incidental to the successful implementation of the study.
Qualifications and Experience
JCE and 2 years work experience in a busy setting.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications together with copies of relevant certificates, detailed CVs and names of three traceable referees to:
College of Medicine,
Electronic submissions should be sent to the following e-mail address:
firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com
Indicate the name of the study as IMPROVE Study on the envelope for hard copy applications and indicate the same in the subject line of your email for electronic submissions.
Applications should reach the Registrar not later than 28th February, 2017. Only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.