Medcol Jobs 2017 : Drivers (2) One Per Research Site
Training and Research Unit of Excellence (TRUE) is a young and vibrant research group at the College of Medicine specializing in high quality malaria and anemia research. Among other research studies, the unit will conduct a new study in Intermittent Preventive Treatment with DHA-piperaquine for malaria in pregnancy in areas with high sulphadoxine-pyrimethamine resistance in Africa in Chikhwawa and Mangochi hospitals.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position:
To drive project vehicles when required for errand or taxi purposes as authorized by Study Coordinator and / Programme Manager as appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To be responsible for project vehicle(s) as required.
- To check the vehicle daily for oil, water, fuel, washer fluid, and breakdown kit.
- To complete and keep a comprehensive log book of authorized trips for submission and record keeping without fail.
- To record all journeys carefully and all fuel purchased.
- To report any problems with vehicles immediately to the Study Coordinator.
- To be available to drive at all times during duty periods.
- To keep the vehicle(s) clean inside and out.
- To be courteous at all times to passengers and other road users.
- To be presentable at all times when on duty in appearance and in attitude.
- To carry his/her driving license at all times and to adhere to the Highway Code.
- To use the vehicle as only instructed, and never for personal or commercial use.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of an MSCE. Valid driving licence with 2 years driving experience.
- Previous experience working in a research setting is an added advantage
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications together with copies of relevant certificates, detailed CVs and names of three traceable referees to:
College of Medicine,
Electronic submissions should be sent to the following e-mail address:
email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicate the name of position on the envelope for hard copy applications and indicate the same in the subject line of your email for electronic submissions.
Applications should reach the Registrar not later than 28th February, 2017. Only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged