Medcol Jobs 2017 : Clinical Officers (2) One Per Research Site
Training and Research Unit of Excellence (TRUE) is a young and vibrant research group at the College of Medicine specializing in high quality malaria and anemia research. Among other research studies, the unit will conduct a new study in Intermittent Preventive Treatment with DHA-piperaquine for malaria in pregnancy in areas with high sulphadoxine-pyrimethamine resistance in Africa in Chikhwawa and Mangochi hospitals.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates in the new study:
To provide clinical management of patients recruited into the study according to clinical protocols
Duties and Responsibilities
- To undertake managerial duties that may be assigned by the Study coordinator, Site Investigator or PI from time to time.
- To conduct regular clinic meetings to evaluate and plan clinic activities.
- To be a member of the Medical Council of Malawi and act in a professional manner at all times in accordance with their rules and guidelines.
- To provide good quality clinical care to patients according to study protocols and ward protocols.
- To maintain confidentiality of patients’ records and respect patients and guardians’ privacy and rights.
- To maintain infection control procedures at all times according to study and hospital protocols.
- To keep the patient / guardian / parent informed at all times.
- To keep clear and up-to- date patient records at all times.
- To attend seminars and meetings both external and internal as available and as requested.
- To be responsible for clinical management of all patients in the study during recruitment and follow-up.
- To perform history taking, physical examination and treatment prescription as per study protocol and Ministry of Health Guidelines.
- To assist Government clinical officers during daily work in A&E Department as required.
- To participate in regular study team meetings to evaluate and plan study activities.
- To perform any other tasks deemed to be within the capacity of a Clinical Officer that the Principal Investigator or medical staff may see fit for the successful implementation of the study.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a Diploma in Clinical Medicine and 2 years research experience.
- Valid GCP certificate and prior experience in clinical trials of Malaria in Pregnancy would be an added advantage.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications together with copies of relevant certificates, detailed CVs and names of three traceable referees to:
College of Medicine,
Electronic submissions should be sent to the following e-mail address:
email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicate the name of the study as IMPROVE Study on the envelope for hard copy applications and indicate the same in the subject line of your email for electronic submissions.
Applications should reach the Registrar not later than 28th February, 2017. Only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.