Medcol Jobs 2017 : Research Nurses (7)Two for Mangochi and Five for Chikhwawa
Training and Research Unit of Excellence (TRUE) is a young and vibrant research group at the College of Medicine specializing in high quality malaria and anemia research. Among other research studies, the unit will conduct a new study in Intermittent Preventive Treatment with DHA-piperaquine for malaria in pregnancy in areas with high sulphadoxine-pyrimethamine resistance in Africa in Chikhwawa and Mangochi hospitals.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates in the new study:
To provide nursing care to patients recruited into study according to clinical protocols
- To provide good quality general nursing care to patients according to study protocols and ward protocols.
- To maintain confidentiality of patients’ records and respect patients and guardians’ privacy and rights
- To maintain infection control procedures at all times according to study and hospital protocols
- To administer informed consent, screening, undertake participant recruitment and follow-up of participant
- To provide clinical care to the participants in line with the study protocol and acceptable standards of care.
- To attend seminars and meetings both external and internal as available and as requested.
- To prepare the study clinic for patient recruitment and follow-up according to study protocol
- To prepare for drug administration as per study protocol, ensuring all drugs in use are available.
- To ensure all requirements are available for participant enrollment and follow-up
- To assess the patient’s condition and intervene according to protocols and need.
- To obtain clear information from the patient/ guardian to ensure proper patient management.
- To obtain full informed consent.
- To ensure case report form are correctly completed.
- To administer all medication on time and monitor for adverse and side- effects
- To be responsible for maintaining an up to date stock list for the clinic
- To be responsible for ordering consumables and equipment for clinic
- To ensure that study is conducted according to protocol
- To participate in regular study team meetings to evaluate and plan study activities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery and two years research experience.
- Valid GCP certificate and prior experience in clinical trials of Malaria in Pregnancy would be an added advantage.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications together with copies of relevant certificates, detailed CVs and names of three traceable referees to:
College of Medicine,
Electronic submissions should be sent to the following e-mail address:
email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicate the name of the study as IMPROVE Study on the envelope for hard copy applications and indicate the same in the subject line of your email for electronic submissions.
Applications should reach the Registrar not later than 28th February, 2017. Only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.