Medcol Jobs 2017 : Programme Assistant (1)
Training and Research Unit of Excellence (TRUE) is a young and vibrant research group at the College of Medicine specializing in high quality malaria and anemia research. Among other research studies, the unit will conduct a new study in Intermittent Preventive Treatment with DHA-piperaquine for malaria in pregnancy in areas with high sulphadoxine-pyrimethamine resistance in Africa in Chikhwawa and Mangochi hospitals.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates in the new study:
Provide logistic support to the TRUE project office, with the daily management of all activities and administrative tasks as assigned
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs general and program specific clerical functions (e.g. maintaining office filing and record keeping system, copying, faxing, etc.).
- Assists in the preparation of progress and financial reports.
- Assists in managing the procurement process for study items and ensuring timely provision of study material to the research team.
- Initiates purchase requests and keeping track of the stages through which each order is routed until receipt and payment. This involves sourcing quotations, following up on requisitions with the procurement department and maintaining records of purchasing documents issued by the college.
- Management of all motor vehicles and cycles under TRUE
Qualifications and Experience
- A Diploma in Business Administration and 2 years work experience in a busy office.
- A Valid Driving Licence is a must.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications together with copies of relevant certificates, detailed CVs and names of three traceable referees to:
College of Medicine,
Electronic submissions should be sent to the following e-mail address:
email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicate the name of the study as IMPROVE Study on the envelope for hard copy applications and indicate the same in the subject line of your email for electronic submissions.
Applications should reach the Registrar not later than 28th February, 2017. Only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.