MSH 2017 Health Information Systems Advisor, Lilongwe Job Opportuinity
Strengthen health management information system (HMIS) in supported districts, with the aim to ensure comprehensive quality, timely, and accurate reporting on progress.
- Ensure facility and community data is available for entry, analysis, and reporting; and feed reporting information.
- Facilitate assessment and strategic planning of HMIS.
- Support partners in HMIS policy and monitoring existing HMIS
- Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, statistics/ economics or computing or a related field.
- Master’s degree in similar fields highly preferred
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience in database management, web based applications or any other field related to information management.
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services. Working with governments, donors, non governmental organizations, the private sector, and health agencies, MSH responds to priority health problems such as HIV & AIDS; tuberculosis; malaria; maternal, newborn and child health; family planning and reproductive health; and chronic non-communicable diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and lung and heart disease. Through strengthening capacity, investing in health systems innovation, building the evidence base, and advocating for sound public health policy, MSH is committed to making a lasting difference in global health.