Apply Now For The Head Of The Social Security 2017 Program, Lilongwe, Malawi
As a federal company, GIZ supports the Federal Government in achieving its goals in international cooperation for sustainable development.
We are looking for the location Malawi / Lilongwe one / n
Head (m / w) of the program Social Security
JOB ID: 34363
Field of activity
The social security program for people in extreme poverty advises the Malawian Ministry of Finance and Planning on the harmonization of the social protection sector. The project operates at national level and currently in two districts. It aims to improve the coherence of Malawi National Social Support Program (MNSSP) subprograms through the development of conceptual foundations and the harmonization of operational processes. The range of topics is very broad and includes – apart from social assistance for the poorest population groups – public employment programs (cash for work), especially in the area of water resource management, school meals, village saving groups and microfinance – as well as a focus on data management and IT development.
The first phase of the program will expire in June 2018. A second phase is in the pipeline, with a stronger focus on supporting an implementation of the MNSSP subprogrammes, while continuing to drive the development of a harmonized overall system. Co-financing is expected to make a strong expansion in the number of districts supported possible. Efficient scaling-up of technical consulting services is therefore a core topic of the follow-up phase. In addition, the project will be an anchor project for a SEWOH country package.
In your function, you are responsible for the technical, content and organizational execution of the order.
In addition, the following tasks are part of your job profile
- Leadership responsibility for the nearly 20 employees of the current phase of the program
- Overall responsibility, in particular for the contents of operational planning and its implementation, for the planning and management of finances
- Consulting and support of the partners in close coordination with other development partners
- Acquisition of additional orders for the company
We are looking for a program leader who can easily coordinate with the many players in the social protection sector and who is interested in working in a very broad range of topics.
As a prerequisite for this position bring with you
- completed studies, eg diploma / master of economics or social sciences or in administrative science;
- at least 10 years of professional experience, including 6 years management / project management and leadership experience in Germany and abroad and comprehensive management experience to motivate and control an international team;
- Experience in the implementation of geographically and substantively highly differentiated projects;
- several years (at least 5 years) sound technical knowledge in the field of social security;
- Background knowledge in topics such as ‘financial inclusion’, electronic payment systems, IT development, water resource management are desirable;
- proven experience in political dialogue;
- Experience in Southern Africa is an advantage;
- Business-fluent communication in German and English in spoken and written.
Start Date : 01 Febuary 2018
End Date : 30 June 2018 with option for extension
Lilongwe is a family-friendly location with a good security situation; an international school is available. Basic health services are available, but more complex treatments may require departure to South Africa. The climate is pleasant. Leisure opportunities in the city are limited; Daily necessities are available.
We enable perspectives. For people and with people. Our mission is international and our working atmosphere is multicultural. We are convinced service providers and professionals out of passion. Even where it is difficult. Your professional and personal development is our concern. Whether it is the daily challenges in one of our 130 or so partner countries, or the variety of creative freedom in your work – there are many reasons to strengthen our motivated team.
Please understand that we can only accept and process applications via our e-recruiting system. If this is not possible for you, you are welcome to contact the person indicated in the job advertisement.
In order to assess your existing competencies within our internal selection process, we would ask you to complete the questionnaire on your competences when you apply online.
Please check your spam / junk folder in your inbox regularly after you submit your application, as e-mails from our e-recruiting system are considered spam by some providers.
GIZ wants to increase the proportion of people with disabilities in the company. Therefore, we look forward to corresponding applications.
If we have aroused your interest, then we look forward to receiving your application until 19.11.2017.
Contact: Miriam Urban
+49 6196 79-1123