United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) Internship Programme 2017
The UNICEF Internship Programme offers eligible/qualified students at both Headquarters and country offices the opportunity to acquire direct practical experience in UNICEF’s work under the direct supervision of experienced UNICEF staff.
– You need to be a currently-enrolled graduate or post-graduate student in a field related to UNICEF’s interests. You must be enrolled during the full duration of the proposed internship period. At this time we do not accept undergraduates.
– You should be fluent in English and one other UNICEF working language i.e. French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese.
– Your academic performance should be excellent, as demonstrated by recent university or institution records.
– Your application for an internship should be supported by your university or related institution. A minimum requirement is a letter from one of your professors supporting your application. This is only needed when an internship assignment has been offered to you.
– Applicants must have a demonstrated interest in the field of international development, particularly in areas of UNICEF priorities.
– Ability to adapt and work in a multi-cultural setting.
– Has strong commitment to the values and principles of the United Nations and UNICEF’s mission, guiding principles and Convention on the Rights of the Child.
– Additional consideration will be given for any past work experiences.
However, please keep in mind that even if you meet these qualifications, there is no guarantee of placement. We receive many more applications from qualified candidates than we can place. Placement is subject to availability of meaningful assignments.
If you meet the above eligibility criteria and are interested in submitting an online application, please click HERE. Manually completed applications are not accepted anymore. Interns are also accepted at offices not listed in the online application, but are accepted via direct application to the local offices. See all UNICEF offices here.
The completed online application will be automatically uploaded into the UNICEF Internship database, which is accessed by UNICEF managers globally. If you are applying for more than one location, the online application will allow you to choose the New York Headquarters location as well as up to three other field locations outside New York.
Due to the high number of applications received in UNICEF, we will not be able to respond to each and every application. When you complete the online application, which requires your CV and P-11 (to download a P-11, click HERE) as attachments, you will receive an acknowledgement email with a copy of the online application form you submitted attached to it.
For queries and questions, please send an-mail to UNICEF at Internships@unicef.org.