The Health Access Institute will establish an outcome based training strategy for its educational programmes. HAI curriculum framework will assume that curriculum is the overarching organising idea for education and consider why learning is occurring, how learning takes place, when learning happens, how learning will be assessed and how we prepare teaching staff to support learning. The HAI curriculum will be distinguished by learning about problem solving, work-integrated, community-integrated and cross-cultural learning, and learning-integrated work. These characteristics will be coherently and explicitly addressed in all programme curricula framework which will define the why, how, when of learning for qualifications.
- SSSCE: Passes (A-D) in six (6) subjects comprising three (3) core subjects, English Language, Mathematics, and Integrated Science plus any three (3) elective passes inluding Chemistry and Biology.
- WASSCE: passes (A1-D7) in six (6) subjects comprising three (3) core subjects, English Language, Mathematics, and Integrated Science plus a mimimum of (C6) in any three (3) elective passes inluding Chemistry and Biology.
- Mature Applicants:
(i) Must be 25 years old with any legitimate documentary proof which is at least five (5) years old at the time of application. (ii) Must have relevant hospital/ Pharmacy/ industrial experience with ‘O’ Level or SSSCE/ WASSCE pure science background in Chemistry and Biology as well as credits in English and Mathematic
(iii) Must pass a written examination and an interview.
Cost of Application Forms
HND Applicants – GH ¢120.00
Foreign Applicants – US $50.00
How to Apply
Find below simple steps which will guide you in your application process.
- Make payment for Application form into Health Access Institute; bank ECOBANK; Account No. 0370264484578701
(foreign applicants can deposit in this same account in any African Country)
- Present copy of pay-in slip at the HAI office or email scanned copy to firstname.lastname@example.org for the processing of the application. Also provide your full name in the email.
- Pick up application form from the HAI office or receive application forms via email
- After successfully completing application forms attach relevant documents and submit to address below
Health Access Institute
Post Office Box KIA 9354
Upon completion graduates would be able to provide pharmaceutical services under the supervision of a registered pharmacist in hospitals, community pharmacies and within the supply chain of pharmaceutical and other healthcare products.This course serves as the basis for future development and advancement in the field of pharmacy, preparing our students for further studies in pharmacy.
Level: Higher National Diploma (HND)
Duration: 3 years (6 semesters)
Accreditation: NAB, NABPTEX and Pharmacy Council
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CPD)
In order to provide the best patient care, health professionals should invest in educational opportunities that give them up to date knowledge and skills. To be most effective, health professionals at every stage of their careers must continue learning about advances in research and treatment in their fields (and related fields) in order to obtain and maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in caring for their patients.